DMR and a HotSpot

DMR and a HotSpot

I bit the bullet and joined the world of DMR. 

The build of the Radio Shack and Office is almost over which will mean setting up antennas and equipment.

In the meantime I have joined the world of DMR. The nearest DMR repeater from here is VK2ROJ, however I'm unable to access it directly.

To get up and running quickly and not enter the "Is it the Hardware, or is it the Software?" conundrum when setting up a home built Hotspot, I bought one already built and almost ready to go.

I bought a "ShackSpot" from Glenn VK4NGA and was very happy with the build, service and support.  
https://www.facebook.com/vk4nga/


QSL Communications had a group buy on Retevis RT3S DMR Hand Helds.  
https://qslcomms.com.au/ I took up the offer and am happy with the radio.

There is a bit of a learning curve with DMR but it is well worth the effort.

More posts to come.....






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Portable Antenna Kit

Interfacing PCs and Transceivers

The Radio for the Go-Box